Aceclofenac + Thiocolchicoside tablets are prescribed for pain relief in muscle spasms. The medicine is highly beneficial in the treatment of musculoskeletal pain and inflammation like joint pain, neck pain, back pain, and muscle pain associated with osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, or ankylosing spondylitis. Muscle spasms are sudden, involuntary muscle contractions that can be painful. The muscle spasms may feel like a twitch or a cramp and can occur in any muscle in the body. Aceclofenac + Thiocolchicoside tablets are available at Max Life Sciences under the brand name THIOMAX. The tablets are manufactured using Good Manufacturing Practices in a certified manufacturing facility.
Take the Aceclofenac + Thiocolchicoside tablets as per the dosage and duration prescribed by your healthcare professional. Do not crush, chew, or break the tablet as it can irritate the mouth. Swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water. Some of the commonly observed side effects are diarrhea, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, or increased liver enzymes in the blood in some cases. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to Aceclofenac + Thiocolchicoside tablets, or similar medicines. Keep your doctor informed about your health condition and medicines to rule out any side effects.
Medical Benefits of Aceclofenac + Thiocolchicoside Tablets
Aceclofenac + Thiocolchicoside tablets are primarily used to provide relief from muscle spasms. The combination medicine is composed of two main ingredients, Aceclofenac and Thiocolchicoside, which relieve pain and relax the muscles. Aceclofenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause pain and inflammation (redness and swelling). Thiocolchicoside is a muscle relaxant. It works on the centers in the brain and spinal cord to relieve muscle stiffness or spasms and to improve pain and movement of muscles.
Directions For Use
Carefully read the description given along the tablets. Do not crush, chew, or break the tablets as it may irritate the mouth. Take the Aceclofenac + Thiocolchicoside tablets with a glass of water. You can take the medicine with or without food to avoid an upset stomach.
Side Effects of Aceclofenac + Thiocolchicoside Tablets
There are mild to moderate side effects of the Aceclofenac + Thiocolchicoside tablets that get resolved over time. The side effects may not be the same in all the users as they depend on the physiological condition and response to the therapy. Inform your doctor in case your side effects worsen or persist with time. The range of side effects noticed on using the Aceclofenac + Thiocolchicoside tablets are mentioned as follows:
- Abdominal pain
- Increased liver enzymes
Aceclofenac + Thiocolchicoside tablets may interact with other medicines and cause adverse side effects. The medicines can also interact with certain food items and health conditions. The range of drugs that may interact with Aceclofenac + Thiocolchicoside tablets are mentioned as follows:
- Medicines used to lower high blood pressure (lisinopril, enalapril, candesartan, losartan, clonidine, moxonidine, hydralazine, methyldopa, propranolol)
- Antibiotics (ciprofloxacin, moxifloxacin, ofloxacin, levofloxacin), water pills (furosemide, amiloride)
- Blood thinners (heparin, warfarin, clopidogrel), anticancer drug (methotrexate)
- HIV drug (zidovudine)
- Antidiabetic drugs (gliclazide, tolbutamide, glibenclamide)
- Pain killers (ibuprofen, naproxen, aspirin, celecoxib, etoricoxib)
- Steroids (hydrocortisone, prednisolone), medicines used for abortion (mifepristone).
Safety Precautions and Warnings
- Avoid consuming alcohol with Aceclofenac + Thiocolchicoside tablets as it may interact and cause adverse side effects.
- Do not take Aceclofenac + Thiocolchicoside tablets without a doctor’s consultation if you are pregnant or breastfeeding your baby as it can be toxic for the fetus and mother.
- Store the Aceclofenac + Thiocolchicoside tablets in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep the Aceclofenac + Thiocolchicoside tablets away from pets and children. Properly dispose of expired and discarded medicines.
- Do not take Aceclofenac + Thiocolchicoside tablets if you suffer from liver or kidney disorders as it can make the disease severe.